INFORMATION FOR THE VISIT
Vehicle access will be restricted on Sundays and public holidays (See the “Access to the Castle” tab).
- Due to the high demand and the limitation of the number of visitors per day, it is recommended to purchase your tickets online in advance, since only 10% of the tickets will go on sale at the box office.
- Tickets include a visit to the castle and the municipal museums located in the old town.
- The castle can only be accessed at the times indicated on each ticket. If you do not enter on your assigned schedule, you will not be able to visit the space.
- It is advisable to arrive at the monument in advance, especially on weekends and holidays.
- Take your QR code ticket with you in physical or digital format (including children under 8 years old).
- Childrens must have a ticket (regardless it is free).
- An original ID or passport must be presented at the entrances, as well as a document that proves the discounted tickets (student card with expiration date, pensioner card, youth card).
- Not accessible for wheelchairs or baby buggies.
- Changes, returns or cancellations are not allowed.
ACCESS TO THE CASTLE:
ACCESS FORBIDDEN TO VEHICLES ON SUNDAYS AND HOLIDAYS.
- During Holy Week, the ban on access to vehicles will also apply on Friday 2nd, Sunday 4th, Monday 5th, Sunday 11th and Monday 12th April.
- In Xàtiva, it is best to walk around to avoid driving through the Old Town with many narrow streets, forbidden addresses and pedestrian or restricted access routes.
- We recommend you to get to the castle on foot, taking a walk on the side of the mountain or with the tourist train. In addition, on Sundays and holidays, access to vehicles is closed, so we also offer a shuttle bus service from Plaça de l’Espanyoleto.
TOURIST TRAIN :
SATURDAY, SUNDAY AND HOLIDAYS.
PRICE: 4€ round trip (free for children who do not occupy a seat).
DEPARTURE AND SALE OF TICKETS AT THE TOURIST OFFICE.
The tourist train ticket will be valid for the descent by shuttle bus.
With the purchase of the ticket at the Tourist Office, the journey up to the Castle makes a stop at Corretgeria street (steps of the Market).
SHUTTLE BUS (SUNDAYS AND HOLIDAYS):
PRICE: 1 € / trip.
HOURS: Uninterrupted from 10 am to 2.30 pm and from 3.30 pm to the castle closing time.
DEPARTURE FROM PLAÇA DE L’ESPANYOLETO.
PRIVATE PARKING AREAS:
FREE PARKING AREAS:
- Parking El Españoleto Specialty Center. For vehicles that have purchased tickets online. Limited capacity. The center is the shuttle stop of the tourist bus to the castle (Maps)
- Blue zone parking in the city center. Sundays and holidays free.
- Xàtiva Volleyball Pavilion parking (Alzira road entrance). The distance to the Tourist Office is 10 minutes on foot. (Maps)
The ticket includes a visit to the Castle and the municipal museums (the Archaeological Museum of l’Almodí and the Museum of Fine Arts), located in the historic center of the city.
ADULT: (over 16 years old) ………………………………………………………………………… 6 €
REDUCED: (children between 8 and 16 years old, youth card, student card, teacher card, large family, pensioners, groups of 10 or more people and people with disabilities) ………………………………………………………………… 4 €
FREE: (children up to 7 years old, tourist guides and Xàtiva library card)
- To ensure capacity control, you must buy the ticket online in advance.
- Limited capacity to 310 people.
- Mandatory use of face mask.
- It is necessary to keep a safe distance from other visitors.