INFORMATION FOR TRAVELLERS
If you’re thinking of visiting Xàtiva in the near future and are planning your trip, you’ll find a lot of useful information in our FAQs. If you can’t find an answer to your question, send us a message using the contact page.
There’s a taxi rank outside the railway station at no. 1 Avenida Ausiàs March.
Telephone: +34 96 227 16 81 (wheelchair-friendly taxis available).
Xàtiva enjoys a Mediterranean climate. The winters are mild (it rarely freezes or snows) and the summers are very hot, with temperatures sometimes rising above 40°C.
Six companies offer guided tours. They can be contacted by phone:
EVENTTO FUSIÓN: 684 245 796 – firstname.lastname@example.org
TERESA CLIMENT ALMENDROS: 647 273 971
QUATRE FULLES: 96 353 20 90 – email@example.com
LOVE XÀTIVA: 601 367 515 – firstname.lastname@example.org
A PEU GUIES: 620 962 567 – email@example.com
DTURISME: 699 746 682 – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you haven’t been able to arrange a guided tour, we recommend using the audio-guides available on this website. You’ll find them at the footer of each monument.
FREE PARKING AREAS:
- Parking El Españoleto Specialty Center. For vehicles that have purchased tickets online. Limited capacity. The center is the shuttle stop of the tourist bus to the castle (Maps)
- Blue zone parking in the city center. Sundays and holidays free.
- Xàtiva Volleyball Pavilion parking (Alzira road entrance). The distance to the Tourist Office is 10 minutes on foot. (Maps)
- Sundays and holidays.
- Hours: 10 am – 3 pm / 4 pm – 7 pm.
- Route: Plaza Españoleto – Castle.
- Price: 1 € / trip
Most shops are open from Mondays to Saturdays, from 9:30 to 13:30 and 16:30 to 20:30, although franchises and shopping centres do not close at midday. If you’re shopping in Xàtiva on a Monday morning, you’ll probably find that a lot of the shops are shut, as many traders stay closed then.
A leisurely visit to Xàtiva castle can last an entire morning or afternoon. There are picnic areas in stunning surroundings with views over the city. There is also a cafeteria with a terrace, and a restaurant.
- 1 January: New Year’s Day.
- The Fallas festivities (from 19 to 20 March).
- Holy week and Easter (April).
- Good Friday
- San Vicente (spring).
- Pascua Florida flower festival (spring).
- 1 May: International Workers’ Day.
- Corpus Christi (June).
- 1 August: Sant Feliu, patron saint of Xàtiva.
- 5 August: Virgin de la Seu festival, patron saint of Xàtiva.
- From 15 to 20 August: Fira de Xàtiva city fair, dating back to 1250.
- 25 November: Les Catalinetes, Santa Catalina.
- 25 December: Christmas day.
Health and welfare services
Ambulances – 962282013
Hospital Lluís Alcanyís – General A&E – tel. 962289310
Health Centre A&E (17:00 to 19:00) – tel. 962218105
Hospital Lluís Alcanyís – Ctra. Xàtiva-Alzira – tel. 962289400
Health Centre – Pl.Calixto III (No. 2, Pl. de la Seu) – tel. 962272424
Health Centre – No. 13, Pl. Espanyoleto – tel. 962281610
Health Centre – Av. Ausiàs March – tel. 962218100
Vicen Campos Herrero – No. 1, Plaza Españoleto
Enrique Vila Peiro – No. 5, Plaza del Mercat– tel. 962274370
Josefina Ballester Medina – No. 7, Germanias – tel. 962271060
Manuel Casesnoves Soldevila – No. 7, Vicente Boix – tel. 962276077
Fernando Richart Aranda – No. 30, Plaça la Bassa – tel. 962275748
Carmen Navarro Llueca – No. 32, Albereda Jaume I – tel. 962274276
Rosalia Soler Fernandez – No. 2, Porta de Sant Francesc – tel. 962274438
Joaquin Soler Fernandez – No. 38, Avenida Selgas – tel. 962274566
Rosa Pellicer Chulia – No. 1, Plaza Vicent Andrés Estellés – tel. 962270147
View out-of-hours pharmacies
Admission to the museum is free for pre-booked school groups. For reservations, call 96 227 65 97.
Admission to all monuments and use of the tourist train is free for teachers accompanying a school group.
Groups of up to 55 people can enter both the museum and El Castell together.
There is a picnic area in the upper part of the Castell Major where students can eat provided that they are accompanied by a teacher.